Sunday 20 November 2011

Christmas Dress

Without a doubt the best part about sewing is being able to do this:

 
 My little girl 'needed' a Christmas dress ready to meet santa and have her Christmas pictures taken!  I have loved making this even though at the busiest time of year for Bella Boutique I tried to start and finish it in a night (it took me a couple of hours one night then half hour the next day to do buttons, ribbons etc).

  
Here's a closer look at some of the detail.  It was made from beautiful taffetta bought at the Shuttle in Shipley with fabulous heart shaped sparkly buttons, she loves it!  Oh and I had to give it the requisite net lining, very important for twirling and swishing! 
Our favourite photographer Dale Wain from DRW Photographics is coming today so as soon as we have the piccies I'll post one for you all!

Off to iron it now before the piccies!  I'd love to hear from others who have also been making Christmas dresses (or outfits for your boys) and see your creations.  I figure it's such a precious little time that they will be happy to have a dress made so I'm going to cherish every moment of my little one in her 'Mummy Made' Christmas Dress.

Happy Sewing
Keri

2 comments:

  1. She'll be the belle of the ball, inbetween all of the twirling and swishing of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is beautiful! What is amazing is how quickly you made it - you are very clever!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Want to read more................

Click on older posts above to read more posts