Sunday 7 August 2011

Dress to Impress

As promised here finally are the pictures of the Simplicity Dress that I made for myself.  I've previously made a wrap dress for myself so perhaps it was a bit of a challenge to make a full on bodice dress but hey ho I had the support of my sewing teacher so here goes!

I used about 2m of lining and outer fabric and 2m of boning.  I searched for ages for Navy lace which is what I really wanted but couldn't find any so then set of on a mission to find any nice Navy fabric and ended up with dress lining that had a chevron pattern on it and was a real bargain.  All in all the dress worked out at about £7.50 as the pattern came free with my magazine subscription.

That's me for tonight, off to finish some more of my order from the playgroup sale, busy busy.

Keri

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, but we need detail shots! I've never boned anything in my life, I think you're very brave and it fits like a glove. If I were you I'd be feeling pretty pleased wit myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress! Thanks for comment on my blog. Hope your fabric turns up. If not paypal were pretty quick at refunding my money so open a dispute. What a lovely birthday pressie from your husband. Lots of lovely fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I'm so jealous. I'm hoping to attend some dress making courses, not confident to sew adult clothes without some :o) Hopefully by the time my daughter goes to her prom I will have learnt enough to be able to make something as pretty as this. So, so jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Want to read more................

Click on older posts above to read more posts