Saturday 9 April 2011

Fun with Letters

After buying my new Janome MC4900QC machine I was faced with a wealth of new stitches including the alphabet, almost too many choices!  I decided to do a couple of little projects.  The first was a card for friends who were setting off to climb to base camp at Everest!  This is my first attempt at the lettering and I found there is definately a knack of selecting the right thread and fabric - as you can see it's not quite right here!


My next project was a little more successful, I made 2 cushions for my friends new twin babies.  I have hidden their surnames for obvious reasons but I'm sure you can imagine the full effect.  I was really pleased how this worked out.  The fabric is the same as my friends nursery range, I just ordered a pillowcase to work with and the decorative stitch is super cute, I love them, lets hope she does too!

  

  

Great fun and I can see many more projects in the pipeline.  I'm already on with making some cute age markers for Isobella's height chart - more to come on that topic soon!

Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to read more................

Click on older posts above to read more posts