Monday 28 February 2011

Sewing Class Fun

Hi All

I thought I'd post my latest project from sewing class - it still needs hemming then I need to find a little one to model it for me!  I started wanting to make something cute for summer but never thought about who for!  My sewing class teacher kept laughing at my dedication for this tiny garment for an invisible child as I've made it with no-one in mind.  I just wanted to enjoy making something little and cute and learn some good techniques along the way - rolling hems with the machine, amending patterns, freestyling pant patterns and sleeve designs! 


I really enjoy my sewing classes, whilst I'm largely self taught from all the wonderful inspiration bloggers out there I thought that I'd like to do some true lessons.  My teacher Helen has helped me to learn the real touch and feel things like pattern sewing, using different feet with my machine and making bigger projects like blackout lined curtains for my little one's big girls room.  I also think it's great to have a night to myself, with like minded people, feeling like I'm really learning something. I've also been helping others (on how to use the buttonhole foot) which is nice but more on that in another post as I've been offered the chance to do a guest blog spot on UK based blog - The Sewing Directory.

On the off chance that anyone reading is UK West Yorkshire based here's a link to Word Of Mouth Crafts website where I do my sewing classes - they have amazing stocks of all things craft but also run great courses throughout the year too.

Enough for today, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is just about to finish so my still sickly little one will be wanting more Mummy cuddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to read more................

Click on older posts above to read more posts