Monday 21 February 2011

Full Esteem Ahead

Yesterday's day of getting the spare room ready for Bella to go into a big girls room led to me finding allsorts of treasures that had been stashed in the 'spare room' or glory hole as we sometimes call it here in the UK!  One thing I found was this lovely print of inspirational words by Diane Loomans - Full Esteem Ahead - so this is my simple post for today

If I Had My Child To Raise Again

 I would finger paint more and point the finger less.
 I would do less correcting and more connecting.
 I would take my eyes off my watch and watch with my eyes.
 I would care to know less and and know to care more.
 I would take more hikes and fly more kites.
 I would stop playing serious and seriously play.
 I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
 I would do more hugging and less tugging.
 I would be firm less often and affirm more often.
 I would build self-esteem first and the house later.
 I would teach less about the love of power and more about the power of love.

 Diane Loomans, Full Esteem Ahead

Soon to come.....................Keep an eye out for a soon to come tutorial as I try to find my way through the pattern book from Fiona Bell - Sewn With Love (also entitled Vintage Style for Kids).  Innocentia has been doing a sew along for some of these patterns, they are beautiful.  I have decided to make my little one a beautiful dress and will be combining one of the bodices with a tulip skirt as a different twist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to read more................

Click on older posts above to read more posts